One of the features of the Lists and Reports module is a query builder tool that allows you to create very targeted lists against a very large number of fields.
As just one example, you can go to the query builder to create a list of everyone in your database, who lives in a geographic area, who has donated at least a certain minimum. You can filter out people who have or have not donated by amount or date range and hundreds of other fields.
Here are the steps to build your own query:
- Log on to the admin panel
- Go to Lists and Reports on the main menu
- Click the List Builder tab
- Click Constituents or Organizations
- You will see a list of categories. These are there to help organize all the fields to choose from. Select the categories that map to the data you want to search on. Hint: There is no harm in selecting a category that you end up skipping.
- The List Builder will then guide you through the process for creating your query.
As an example, here is how we would get a list of all people who live in 'Seattle' AND who donated 'at least $200' from Nov 10, 2022 - Nov 10, 22023
From the Geography category (filter based on geography):
From the Contribution History category: (filter based on amount)
From the Contribution History category: (filter based on dates)
Note: of course the example above is one of nearly infinite queries possible. Simply choose your own categories, and data fields/values to build a completely different target list.