The codes and lists that permeate your system are nested into their respective categories. In some cases, these categories have functionality (like volunteer codes). Most of the time though, categories exist only to help you keep your lists and codes organized. Except for the categories that contain system functionality (e.g. volunteer category), these are fully customizable by you. Here's how:
- Log on to the admin panel
- Go to 'Manage Data' on the main menu
- Click the 'Configure Data Fields' tab
- Click the 'Custom Code Categories' sub tab
- You will see a list of your existing categories. You may edit existing ones by clicking the edit icon. You may also create new categories by clicking the 'Add' link at the bottom.