Batches help you group multiple donations together into a single bank deposit. They can be helpful in the reconciliation process, and are sometimes required in certain states' compliance reporting.
Note: you can batch online donations or you can batch checks and cash but you cannot group online donations with checks and cash. Please make note of the type of transactions you want to batch.
To create a batch, follow these steps:
- Go to Finances
- Click the Deposits tab. (If you have no batches, you will see a notice, "No batches found").
- Click the link for Add Batch
- Select type of transactions you want to batch together. Recall you cannot batch online donations with physical (cash ad checks) together.
- Select the date range to include.
- The system will return the relevant transactions that match your search request that have not yet already been included in another batch.
- Click the box for the transactions you want to include in the batch
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, and click save. This will group each of the transactions into a batch (e.g. a deposit)
Alternative Method: You can also batch online or imported donations at the time of matching them, if you prefer. At the bottom of the match online contribution page, click 'yes' to batch them, then define the batch number or identifier.