You can easily import transactions from anywhere by using the import procedure in Manage Data.
Notes and Prerequisites:
You can only import transactions from individuals. Donations from orgs/pacs must be entered manually.
You must format your data into the predefined template. There template for importing transactions can be found here. Format your data and save the file to your computer.
The import process is in two steps: First, you will load your data. The system attempts to match your donors to existing records in your database. After that is done, you then perform the second step of matching and merging the records into your data system.
Step One: Importing your data
- Go to Manage Data on the left
- Click the Import tab
- Select the Transactions sub-tab
- Click Contributions from Constituents
- Be sure your data is formatted correctly
- Once you've verified your data is consistent with the template, browse to the file on your computer
- In the details section, select all appropriate information for cycle, method, etc.
- Click upload
Once your data is loaded, it will take a few minutes to process and match against current records in your database. You will receive an email notifying you that this process is complete. There will be a link to the page where you can process/match your data. Alternatively, you can go directly to the History tab. When your import file has been processed, the icon for recycle will turn green and the process icon will be active.
At this point, you can click the icon for Import (blue arrow).
Step Two: Matching and merging your donors
You will be presented with all of the donor records in your file. If any donors in your import file have been matched to existing records, you will see the potential matched record(s) at right. Like this:
For each record, confirm the appropriate choice and click save matches at bottom.
- Where no matched records were found, the default is to create new
- Where only one record was found, that record is selected by default
- Where more than one record was found to exist, no selection is made
- The above makes it easy for you to scroll down immediately, before making any selections, and click 'save matched'. This will automatically process all the records with 1 and 0 matches.