If you're getting a user/password error when trying to upload a report with the FEC, check these things:
- Double-check your password. Go to Finances / Setup / Electronic Filing and double-check that what you have here is exactly what the FEC provided to you.
- Check to see if you have a password with a $ in it. Sometimes, the FEC provides passwords with $ in them. However, these characters do not work when loading to the FEC servers. If this is the case for you, follow these steps:
- go here https://webforms.fec.gov/psa/index.htm
- log in with your current user/pass.
- update your password to a new one without a $ in it.
- then update your password in BlueUtopia Finance Manager. For instructions on how to do that, see Setting up an FEC password.
- if none of the above resolve the issue, contact BlueUtopia Support.