Occasionally, the FEC fails to load a report. When that happens, you might see an error llike this:
Server returned: UNKNOWN ERROR WITH FILING. PLEASE RETRY.Completed 06-17-2022 08:46
UNKNOWN ERROR WITH FILING. PLEASE RETRY.
Sometimes, this is a server being overloaded or another minor undefined error. In normal circumstances, you can report the error to BlueUtopia Support and we will investigate and respond.
In urgent situations though you might need to file immediately. Here is the workaround for filing manually.
How to manually upload your report to the FEC
- Create/Continue the report
- At step 5, where you can upload the report, click the .fec file to download to your desktop
- Launch a new browser window and go to https://efoservices.fec.gov/webload/
- Browse to the .fec file you just downloaded
- Enter all your FEC details
- Click upload
This will load your report for you directly with the FEC.
If there were any errors that kept your report from being loaded from the system, this interface provides more robust error messages.
Once loaded corectly, you will need to manually add the Receipt Number. Follow the instructions here: